You will receive an email from us within 3 business days with your login credentials. Course participants will require an Internet connection in order to access all aspects of this course.
COST: US $70
CONTACT HOURS: 2
INSTRUCTOR: Roy Matheson, ADAC
- The three-prong definition of disability as it relates to an individual
- Who is “qualified” under the ADA
- The definition of reasonable accommodation in the workplace
- Your role in complying with reasonable accommodation
- How to Listen for a request of reasonable accommodation
- How to Respond to a request by collecting certain information
- How to Forward the information collected to the appropriate person
- Best practices for managing the reasonable accommodation process
Module 1: Introduction to the world of reasonable accommodation
Module 2: Reasonable accommodation: a seven-step process
Module 3: Best Practices, Questions and Answers, and Resources
What you’ll learn
You will learn the things a human resource professional must do, cannot do, and should not do relative to the receipt and management of a request for reasonable accommodation.
This course is based on the realization that successful management of requests for accommodation at the human resource management level is based on a few basic concepts and practices.
This is an on-demand course with a total of 2 contact hours. The online course information will be sent within 3 business days of registration. You will have 30 days to complete the course material.