What you’ll learn
Employers across America are seeking the services of clinicians trained to practice within the boundaries of recent federal court decisions and EEOC enforcement actions. These decisions and enforcement actions have defined the rules for clinicians who perform post-offer employment testing. The topics discussed and skills advanced include:
- The importance of having two tests in one: a “safe for testing” protocol and an ability to work protocol
- When to deny testing versus when to deny employment
- How to ensure you memorialize the documentation used to write the test protocol
- How to work with the employer to determine a return-for-testing policy
- How to listen for a request for reasonable accommodation during testing
- How to plan a POET based on the physical demands tied to the essential functions of the job
- The role of physical effort testing during a POET test
- The role of a physician release for testing and how it affects the test progression
- Prepare yourself to launch a successful clinic-based POET program
- Learn how to become an indispensible part of an employer’s hiring, return-to-work and stay-at-work program
- Learn how to write a defendable Post-Offer test
- Learn how the amended ADA law shapes what we do, and don’t do, in Post-Offer testing
- The practical and financial aspects of the experience – implementation, time, documentation and cost
- Review of studies that support the value of POET
This practical course culminates in the draft and validation of a Post-Offer test. Use the clinical forms provided in the course package or use the Matheson Essential Function Job Analysis and Post-Offer Testing Software to produce valid POET protocols.
Self-Paced Learning; Live, Online Learning
This course is presented in two formats. The self-paced version lets you work as your personal schedule allows. You can start and stop at your convenience.
The second format, a live, online presentation with Roy Matheson is typically offered 6 times per year on some combination of a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday.
Once you have completed online registration for this course, the Matheson team will contact you to arrange your live or self-paced attendance.