Job Analysis for ADA Title 1 Testing and Reasonable Accommodation Compliance
Federal court settlements under Title 1 of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) make clear that all Post-Offer, Functional Capacity Evaluation, and ERISA employment tests must be supported by a valid analysis of the physical demands of the essential functions of the job in question. In addition, valid job demands data benefits the reasonable accommodation process by moving the discussion from theory to the reality of the workplace. The bottom line: an essential function job analysis (EFJA) is the foundation of human resource management and employment testing.
The purpose of this course is to prepare you to produce an accurate, up-to-date job analysis at the level demanded by ADA Title 1. The training draws upon principles of task analysis from the legacy Revised Handbook of Analyzing Job method, coupled with the relatively new O*Net method, and the precise Method-Time Measurance standard. The result is a focus, fact-filled job analysis work product.
Each of the 50 states has its own version of vocational evaluation and employment compensation systems. At the federal level we find the Social Security Administration (SSA) system and the Employee Retirement Income Security Administation (ERISA) long-term disability system. Each of these four systems use terms such as Sedentary, Light, Medium, Heavy, or Very Heavy to describe the strength levels encountered in everyday jobs. These systems describe the rate at which work is accomplished in terms of Never, Occasional, Frequent, or Constant. The adjudication of ADA Title 1 disputes requires an entirely different level of task analysis. This course teaches a method applicable to both state and federal types of task description and measurement.
Skills You Will Gain
The “how-to’s” you will gain in this course include:
- Determine the Essential or Marginal functions of a job
- Write federal-level essential function task statements
- Conduct a pre-job analysis interview
- Work with managers and supervisors to secure job demands information
- Select cognitive or physical demands for analysis
- Validate the job-relatedness of essential tasks
- Approach measurement of physical demands tied to the essential functions
- Approach analysis of the cognitive demands tied to the essential functions
- Link measurement of physical and cognitive demands to the essential functions
- Rrecognize and analyze functional circuits for an enhanced report
- Update the structure of your job analysis report
Distance Learning, Online 24/7
6.0 Contact Hours
Plus 2 Hours of Individual Coaching